Drinking Game: Thirty-One
- Written by Staff
- April 26, 2012
Much like turning the amp up to eleven was critical to Spinal Tap’s success, playing Thirty-One is, like, ten times better than just playing blackjack. Also, there’s beer involved.
What You Need: Beer, a deck of cards, basic math skills.
Players: Two, but you should probably hit until you get three.
Level of Intoxication: It’s like black-out blackjack.
How to Play:
- Like blackjack, the game has one dealer and several players.
- A round begins with all players receiving three cards, two face-down and one face-up.
- The cards are worth the number indicated on the face. Face cards are worth 10. Aces are worth 1 or 11.
- The dealer circles around the table. Players must receive a card or knock.
- If a player knocks, each other player has the opportunity to draw one more card.
- Players reveal their cards. The player with the lowest total loses.
- Any player that busts also loses.
- Losers must drink an entire beer before they lose their next hand.
- The deal is passed to the left before the next round begins.
The Game Ends When: Someone gets hit for hitting one too many times.