Top 10: Worst People to Sit Next to in Class
- Article by Staff
- November 18, 2010
10. Chatterbox – It doesn’t matter if it’s your best friend, it’s always annoying to have someone in your ear for an entire class period. And when you start pretending like you don’t hear her, the chatterbox starts texting you or writing on your paper. Like seriously, SHUT UP.
9. Foot tapper – The worst thing about foot tappers is that they do it subconsciously.This kid doesn’t even realize he’s being a pain in the ass. But everyone around him knows and wants to stomp on his foot until it falls off.
8. Eager Participant – This kid raises her hand to answer every question, drawing attention to you in the process. She also blurts out stupid comments and flirts with the professor. Basically she deserves to be punched in the face.
7. Snorer – Falling asleep in class isn’t a crime. But when someone falls asleep and sounds like a freight train, we have problems. It’s kind of funny, but also awkward because everyone looks at you and expects you to do something about it. Nobody wants to elbow the poor kid and disrupt his slumber.
6. Texter – Texting in class is also perfectly acceptable. But it’s not acceptable tohave your phone on an obnoxious vibrate that goes off every 5 seconds. It’s almost as bad as the high-pitched mosquito ringtone people thought was cool in middle school. We get it, you’re really cool and texting all your really cool friends.
5. Mr. Sniffles – This kid double sucks. One, it’s annoying to have him sniffling for anentire lecture. Second, there’s a good chance his snot-ridden self will leave you with a cold.
4. Smoker – We’re not in high school anymore, and no one thinks you look “cool” smoking cigs on the way to class. And coming to class smelling like an ashtray iseven worse. Second-hand smoke kills, people! These kids need to invest in somecologne or hold off on the cigs until after class. Rot your lungs in the privacy of yourown home, thanks.
3. Farter – What could this kid possibly have eaten for lunch that makes him dropthe atomic bomb every five minutes? What’s worse, you don’t even have to be sittingnext to this kid to smell his wrath. Anyone within a 10-foot radius wants to die. And the farter always thinks he’s so inconspicuous. Try again, bud, everyone knows you’re the one who possibly shit his pants.
2. Kid Who Smells Like Curry – Not to be racist, but the smell of curry makes me want to vom. I don’t know exactly what they put it in that stuff, but the combo is nauseating. If I sit down in class next to someone who obviously maintains curry aspart of their diet, I am quick to abandon the seat.
1. Kid Who Smells Like BO – The absolute worst seat in class is next to the kid who obviously hasn’t showered in weeks. First off, the kid reeks. Nobody wants to haveto sit through class covering their nose and mouth with their sleeve. What’s worse,if he smells that bad, he probably has other hygiene issues. So you have to hold yourbreath the entire class and look at his greasy hair, scummy teeth and dingy clothes.Heinous.