Saturdays are for the boys, but they’re also for buffalo chicken dip. Forget your typical cheese and crackers, hot dogs and chips — this dip is all you need for a successful tailgate because it uses meat and cheese, and honestly, there aren’t really a ton of other foods that you can eat at a tailgate. Here’s a buffalo chicken dip recipe that will blow the mind of everyone you swindled into coming to your tailgate.
What You’ll Need:
– Chicken breasts (unless you actually use badger, but that’s probably disgusting and so are you.)
– Full-fat cream cheese
– As many packs of cheddar you can get from the grocery store.
– Buffalo sauce
– Crackers for dipping. Don’t be a complete animal and get chips, this dip should maintain some semblance of health.
A few hours? This stuff could probably sit in the oven for days and taste the same.
Really, really fat, the amount of cream cheese and regular cheese combined with the beer you’ll be drinking all day basically makes you a Cheesehead.
Let’s Get Baked:
– Cut your chicken breasts into 1/2-inch cubes. If you don’t have kitchen shears you could use regular scissors, but you might want to rinse them off a bit before using it on something else.
– In a separate bowl, blend together the cream cheese and cheddar. The only purpose for doing this is that it tastes really good on its own, so maybe add a little extra of both for “testing purposes.”
– Combine chicken and cheese mixture, then add so much buffalo sauce you can’t tell if you’re crying from the impeding loss or the intense heat.
– Bake at 450 degrees for however long it takes to cook the chicken. So, like, 45 minutes, we guess.
This dip is sure to satisfy at any tailgate, and be sure to share with your Wisconsin friends. It’ll be hilarious to the faces they make when they think you’re serving them actual badger.
Listen to our podcast!