Are you tired of not getting drunk when you eat cake? Then learn how to make Kahlua poke cake to be drunk and happy at the same time. Lose yourself in the chocolaty and boozy flavors as you’re transported to a land of zero responsibility and no such thing as obesity.
What You Need:
– 1 box chocolate or dark chocolate cake mix
– 1 package chocolate pudding
– 1 cup sour cream
– ¾ cups vegetable oil
– 4 eggs
– 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
– ¼ tsp salt
– 1 cup Kahlua… or more if you’re feeling a little bit crazy
– 1 ½ cup mini chocolate chips
– 1 or 2 cartons of French vanilla frosting (depending on how frosting-y you want it to be.)
– 1 12 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
– Chocolate sprinkles
About an hour for prep and cook and about another four hours to finish the rest of the bottle of Kahlua.
This cake isn’t exactly the epitome of health. Add the Kahlua and you’ve got yourself a waistline nightmare.
Let’s Get Baked:
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Spray a 9×13 baking pan with baking spray.
– In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, vegetable oil, ½ cup Kahlua, vanilla extract, salt and chocolate chips.
– Pour into pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a fork or toothpick comes out clean when you poke the center of the cake.
– Use the handle of a spoon to poke holes all over the finished cake.
– Mix another ½ cup of Kahlua and the condensed milk in a small bowl.
– Pour this mixture all over the cake.
– Frost the cake with the icing and add sprinkles.
– Chill if desired.
ENJOY YOUR SUGAR HIGH. (And also your slight hangover tomorrow. Sorry, not sorry.)
Listen to our podcast!