The mojito is the bitchy white housewife of alcoholic beverages. And what better way to consume alcohol than inside of a fruit? These pops are healthy AF. As a bonus, you can eat these pops and yell at your kids as you sit with your heels up reading Good Housekeeping Magazine with your vibrator all at the same time, because they’re on a stick so they’re easy to eat! Here’s the perfect recipe on how to make watermelon mojito pops
What You Need:
– ¾ cup sugar
– 2 lbs. triangular watermelon slices
– 1 cup white rum
– 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
– ½ tsp mint extract, or just mint toothpaste if you have no idea where to get mint extract.
– Popsicle sticks
– 1 hour 30 minutes, plus another few hours to talk on the phone to your BFF about how bitchy Becky is.
– Eh, who cares. You’re still going to fit into your spandex for your hot yoga class on Tuesdays.
Let’s Get Baked:
– In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and ¾ cup of water and bring to a boil.
– Whisk the mixture until all the sugar is dissolved.
– Take off stove and let it cool completely.
– Take your watermelon slices and cut the rinds off.
– Mix the sugar water mixture and the rum, lime juice and mint extract together.
– Put watermelon slices into large baking tray and coat the pieces in the mixture.
– Let the watermelon soak in the mixture for 20 minutes.
– Take the watermelon slices out of the pan and ram a popsicle stick in the curved side much like you ram your neighbor’s husband every week.
– Freeze pops for about an hour and serve.
Viola! Now you have a simple treat to serve at themed parties in your suburban mansion or at your 3-year-old’s princess themed birthday party.
Listen to our podcast!